Gluten free Protein Popcorn Fruit and Nut
A lot of people believe that cereal bars are a good ‘on the go’ healthy snack. Whereas in reality, they are often jam packet full of sugar. As I love popcorn I thought I would create some easy to make, popcorn bars! As always the recipe is versatile so if you want to swap around ingredients you can, that’s the best thing about alternative cooking, experimenting!
Ingredients (Serves 8)
500g popcorn (Slim Secrets from TRKG or Plain)
3 cups gluten free oats
4 tbsp. unsweetened shredded dried coconut
1 scoop TRKG vanilla protein
15 raw almonds, roughly chopped
10 dried apricots, thinly sliced
1/2 cup brown rice syrup or sugar free maple
1/2 cup honey
1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. DR Zaks nut butter (or equivalent)
1 tbsp. Sukrin Peanut flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160c. Lightly spray a rectangular baking pan or spread DR coconut oil across (9” x 13”)
2. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, oats, raisins, coconut, protein powder, almonds, and dried fruit. Stir well.
3. In a small saucepan, combine syrup, honey, vanilla, powered pb powdered, and salt. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes
4. Pour over popcorn mixture, and stir until all ingredients are coated.
5. Transfer mixture to the greased baking pan. Use the back of a spoon to firmly press the mixture into the baking pan.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and then once cool, add to the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting into 20 equal-sized bars.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)