The Dreamiest Gluten Free Protein Coconut Cake
I have to say, I surpassed myself on this one. The light sponge is complimented by the delicate coconut flavour. The cake is so easy to make too and would be great at a dinner party, birthday or a sweet – guilt free- treat!
For the cake layers
600g Sukrin cake mix
10g DR ZAKS coconut oil
1/3 tbsp. Kallo organic coconut butter
2 egg whites, 1 yolk
100ml Alpro coconut and almond milk
20mL TRKG coconut syrup
25g shredded coconut (optional)
2 scoops (70g) TRKG vanilla protein
1 tbsp. stevia
For the coconut icing
100g Sukrin Icing
20ml TRKG coconut syrup
10ml coconut oil or coconut butter
A dash of coconut milk, if needed
35g shredded coconut (leave some to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line two 4cm (mid depth) cake trays with butter or coconut oil.
- Combine cake mix, stevia, melted butter and oil into a bowl and stir through. Once smooth add in eggs, syrup and coconut milk. Keep stirring and http://www.liftusfitness.com/wp-admin/post-new.php#category-addslowly add in protein powder. Blend the mixture till smooth. Finally stir in shredded coconut.
- Add the cake mix evenly to the trays/tins and add to the oven. Cook through for 20-25minutes.
- Let the cake cool on a stand.
For the icing:
- Once the cake has cooled add the icing to a bowl. Stir in oil and syrup till smooth. Option is to add a dash of coconut milk if the mixture is too thick. You want quite a thick consistency, but so it triples off a spoon. Ice both layers before placing one layer on top.
- Store in the fridge to set and serve.