Acai Berry Kaizen Coconut Cupcakes
I met the Kaizen family at The London Food Matters expo this year. They were kind enough to give me some Acai Powder to experiment with. I have already create a wonderful acai bowl for them (head over to breakfast recipes to see!).
I was also sent a lovely hamper over Christmas from Sukrin with amazing gluten free flours in. With this two wonderful products in hand I decided to combine their goodness and create something a little different, which is gluten free of course!
80g Sukrin coconut flour
20g Sukrin almond flour
20ml almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
20g gluten free oats
1 scoop TRKG vanilla protein
1 sprinkle acai powder
20ml TRKG coconut syrup
1 serving truvia/stevia
1 generous handful or frozen chopped berries
50g sukrin icing
10ml almond milk OR 1 tbsp. coconut butter if you prefer a creamy texture
1/2 tsp Kaizen acai powder
- Preheat the oven to 150c.
- Blend the flour with the egg, milk and syrup. Once blended add the oats and protein powder then blend again. Now fold in the acai powder, stevia, baking powder and berries.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 cupcake cases. Add to the oven to cook through.
- Once the cupcakes have cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled you can make your icing!
- Mix all the ingredients together until the icing is thick. Depending on what you use to add moisture you may need more or less of the icing sugar. Once stirred through neatly add to each cupcake. I then added a sprinkle of acai powder and coconut shredded for decoration.