Hi-Pro Peanut Butter Pecan Tart
I was contacted by the Hi- Pro team with a challenge! To create an amazing recipe with their new Hi-PRO peanut butter. The peanut butter not only tastes create but it comes in both SMOOTH and CRUNCHY. They have created a high protein peanut butter by using peanut flour. This means that the flavour is there with extra protein and no extra fat!
It is now available online AND Sainsbury’s!
So I accepted the challenge and created this perfect peanut pecan tart! Christmas is over but that doesn’t mean no sweet treats are allowed! You just have to be extra creative!
For the base
50g sukrin almond flour
1 tbsp. High Pro crunchy nut butter
1 serving TRKG syrup
25g Sukrin gold sugar
½ scoop protein
For the top layer
100g soft cheese
20g sukrin icing
1 scoop protein
1 tbsp. HI-PRO smooth peanut butter
For marble effect
10ml TRKG syrup
5 chopped nuts of choice (pistachios and almonds were used here)
- Add nut butter, flour and sugar together and mix through. Add 1 egg and syrup and mix through. Blend all together.
- Line the baking tray with tin foil and spread coconut oil over it.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes on 150 degrees.
- Once cooked leave for 1 hour to cool.
- Once the bottom layer is cooled begin making your top layer. Remove the bottom layer from the dish and add cling film to the tray. This is so when you remove the pie from the freezer you can easily remove it from the case.
- Mix together all the top layer ingredients until smooth. Spread across the top. For the marble effect mix the syrup and cacao powder. With a spoon create a marble effect across the top. Finally sprinkle over chopped nuts.
Now serve with a beautiful mug of coffee ….